OUR GUIDES HAVE EXTENSIVE LOCAL KNOWLEDGE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT AND SAFETY OUR MANTRA.
- Steve Lee is a legend of Australian skiing.
- He competed in the 1984, 1988 and 1992 Winter Olympics then spent another 10 years on Pro circuits for a competitive career lasting just on 25 years.
- He is the second of only 3 Australian skiers ever to claim victory on the Alpine World Cup circuit winning SuperG gold in Furano, Japan. Post racing life has included sports commentating for international television with the 2014 Sochi Olympics his last major gig. Steve co-founded Chill Factor ski magazine and spent a decade as a national selector and president of Falls Creek Race Club. He also did a stuntman stint in movies working with Roger Moore and Jackie Chan.
- All his life, Steve has been playing in the back country, starting in his early teens in Australia before exploring mountains over the world. Going hand in hand with a successful ski racing career he earned a reputation as one of the worlds best big mountain free-‐skiers.
- While a coaching career beckoned, standing on the side of the hill watching was a struggle for someone with such a passion for skiing. He did coach at the very top level, looking after the Australia National team and did stints on world cup with the US and British ski teams. Steve starting guiding in the mid 90’s and over the past 10 years has developed back country tours at his home area in Falls Creek Australia and since 2011 in Hakuba Japan.
- Not many people can claim to be a Swiss Mountain Guide ….considered the absolute pinnacle of guiding skills in the world. John is a UIAGM International Mountain Guide, as well as a fully qualified ski instructor & examiner. Able to offer advice, instruction & encouragement in all areas of skiing, climbing & mountaineering, as well as guiding you safely through the mountain environment.
- John brings an amazing amount of skills and experience to the team, and not just on the mountain. Being fluent in English & French, Italian & German as well as the back catalog of Stones songs. An apre session with John as he strums his guitar is a sing along experience.
- John will show you a view of skiing and life reserved for very few
- Find out more on John from his website, www.johnfalkiner.com
- Layla is the rock star daughter of Steve…….and the genetics run deep
- Layla was skiing before she could walk and has spent the majority of her life skiing around the world with her Dad. Layla enjoyed a successful junior race career before switching to the world of freeride. A product of a great cross discipline primary school program at Falls Creek, Layla is as comfortable on a snowboard as she is on skis.
- Not only is she an extremely accomplished skier and boarder, she has fantastic teaching techniques which she has fine tuned from being around some of the best skiers in the world
- A day out with Layla never disappoints as she mixes her passion for skiing with her infectious personality, which delivers the perfect combination for a day on snow in Hakuba